Creamy Vegan Pesto Alfredo
We can recommend anyone try this daring and unusual dish! Perfect for vegans or just add bacon if you have that carnivore craving.
- 200g Houmous
- 50g pesto (see recipe)
- 450g dry penne
- 200g bacon, diced (skip this ingredient for a vegan dish)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 250g Cavolo Nero
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to the boil and add in the pasta
- In a frying pan add the cavolo nero with a small amount of pasta water and cook until wilted. Stir often to make sure it does not burnt
- Once your cavolo Nero is completely wilted, add in the humous, pesto, lemon zest and lemon juice, stir to combine. For a thinner sauce add a little more pasta water
- Drain the cooked pasta and add into the sauce, stir until fully combined
- Plate up and enjoy!