Grilled Courgette, Asparagus and Feta/Halloumi Salad
The ideal gorgeous, colourful, summery dinner. A fair amount of vegetable preparation but worth the effort! Fantastic as a side with grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes
- 150ml Olive oil
- 500g Asparagus
- 3 Courgettes
- 200g Feta or halloumi cheese sliced
- 30g Rocket
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170C and cut the tomatoes in half. Mix the tomatoes with a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Bake these tomatoes for about 50 minutes until semi-dry
- Prepare and blanch the asparagus for 4 minutes in boiling water, then rinse in cold water. Toss in a couple tablespoons of olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Using a potato slicer, thinly slice the courgettes lengthwise. Again coat in a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan to a high heat and grill the courgettes and asparagus until lightly charred on each side. Leave to cool.
- If using halloumi cheese, coat the griddle with oil and cook until golden brown.
- Lastly to make the pesto dressing, blitz in a blender until smooth
- Now assemble the salad, laying the rocket on the bottom, the vegetables on top, and the cheese to finish. Then drizzle the pesto dressing on top.
- Serve and enjoy!