Watercress, Pea and Leek Soup
This light and refreshing soup is ideal for spring/summer. Perfect for those cooler, drizzly days or for a healthy lunch/ dinner option!
- 800ml vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- 2 leeks (thoroughly cleaned and chopped into large chunks)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 100g watercress
- 400g podded fresh peas
- Small bunch parsley
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Crusty bread with salted butter
- Boil some water and prepare the stock.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan sweat the leeks in some oil on a low-medium heat until soft, then add the garlic and fry for around 8 minutes on a higher heat. Then turn down the heat, cover and leave for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add the peas and watercress (save a few leaves for the garnish) and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Use a head blender or pour into a food processor and blend until the soup is at your desired texture.
- Lastly stir through the parsley and then drizzle the crème fraiche on top and garnish with any remaining water cress.
- Butter your bread and dip!