- Jus-Roll puff pastry sheet
- Tomato Passata
- 1 Courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 60g Parmesan Grana Padano - grated
- 5 fresh basil leaves (or a couple of pinches of dried basil)
- 1 egg (for the egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200 ºC for fan assisted ovens) 425ºF, Gas Mark 7
- Chop the courgette, aubergine and red pepper into small chunks. Chop the basil leaves finely.
- Add the vegetables and basil to a roasting dish and drizzle over a small amount of olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, take your Jus-Roll Ready Rolled Puff Rastry Sheet out on the packaging and unroll onto a baking tray.
- Spread a thin layer of passata onto the pastry (approximately 4-6 tablespoons).
- Take the vegetables out of the oven once cooked and add them on top of the passata spreading them evenly.
- Roll the pastry like a swiss roll ensuring the end of the pastry is at the bottom so the roll doesn’t unravel when cutting.
- Cut into 2cm slices and lay them onto the baking try.
- Beat the egg and glaze each pinwheel. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden.