Eggs Benedict is one of our favourite brunch dishes here at Watts HQ! Subsitute the ham for smoked salmon (Eggs Royale) or Spinach (Eggs Florentine) for non meat-eaters.
- 4 free-range eggs, at room temperature + 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 English muffins, halved
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 slices honey-basted ham
- 250ml Hollandaise sauce we used pre-made but Simply Recipes has a great recipe if you want to make your own
- Fill a large pan just over one third full with boiling water and the vinegar. Bring the water to a simmer. One by one, crack the eggs into a small bowl and gently tip into the simmering water. You might have to do this in 2–3 batches, depending on your skill level. Poach for 2–3 minutes.
- Gently heat the Hollandaise sauce in a small pan - don't boil it, it will curdle! Then when you take off the heat, stir in the two additional egg yolks for extra silkiness
- Toast the muffin halves, butter them and top with ham. Place an egg on top of each muffin and spoon over some hollandaise.