Vegan Fresh Pesto Sauce
Traditional vegan pesto, swapping out pecorino for the Violife Prosociano Vegan Hard Cheese!
- 25g Basil Leaves
- 50 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Violife Prosociano Vegan Hard Cheese Grated
- 8g Pine Nuts
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Pinch Course Salt
- Place the peeled garlic in a pestle and mortar with some course salt
- Crush the garlic against the salt until it turns into a cream
- Add the basil leaves with some more salt, crushing the basil against the sides of the mortar
- Continue until a green liquid comes out of the basil leaves.
- Then add the pine nuts until reduced to a creamy texture
- Then add the cheese little-by-little and once fully combined, pour in the extra virgin olive oil and mix
- Add to pasta, meats, or even soups for a beautiful, fresh flavour