Turkey and ham pie
This 'leftovers pie' is the perfect way to turn your festive meat into the gift that keeps on giving! The pie filling freezes really well too, so portion it up in freezer bags and save it for a rainy day.
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 leeks
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- 1 pack of Jus-rol puff pastry
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 150ml cream
- 1 big splash of white wine
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Brown and white turkey meat (leftovers - or chicken)
- Cooked ham
- In a saucepan, make a paste with the butter and flour on a low-ish heat. Once combined, turn heat up to medium and add the oil, leeks, salt, pepper, garlic and cook until the leeks are soft.
- Then add the drained sweetcorn, wine, cream, turkey & ham and stir to combine. Allow it to heat through, leave to bubble gently for 5 mins and then set aside to cool before transferring into a pie dish.
- Brush the rim with egg was and place the pastry sheet over over the top. cut off and excess, use it to seal and decorate the pie, then brush with the rest of the egg and cook for 40-50 mins in a medium oven (about 180)