Runner Bean, Walnut and Parmesan Salad
This runner bean and parmesan salad is a fantastic light lunch for warm weather. Alternatively, this would perfectly accompany a BBQ, chicken fillet, or juicy steak. This dish takes about 5 minutes to make but tastes delicious… Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 red onion diced
- 300g runner beans
- 50g walnuts
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30g shaved parmesan
- Cook the red onion and garlic in a wok on medium-low heat until lightly caramelised.
- Add the salt and runner beans and cook for around 4 minutes. Finally, add the walnuts and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and add half of the squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and parmesan.
- Toss the salad and then drizzle the remaining olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle over the parmesan for presentation. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!