Peach and raspberry Pavlova
Pavlova is a crowd pleaser and the perfect way to use up egg whites from making spaghetti carbonara (recipe here). We've used peach slices & raspberries to top ours but any fruit you like will work.
For the meringue
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2
- Using a pencil draw around a medium-sized dinner plate
- Whisk 4 egg whites either with a stand or hand mixer (if you don't have these you can do by hand) until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in 250g caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
- Whisk in 1 tsp white wine vinegar & 1 tsp cornflour
- Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle.
- Bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the meringue cool completely inside the oven.
- Whisk the cream with the icing sugar then spread over the meringue and top with the raspberries and peach slices