Nick Woods ULTIMATE Vegetarian Burger!
Don't think we would forget the non-meat eaters this bank holiday weekend! Nicks got you covered with this incredible ULTIMATE veggie burger, packed with lots of goodies... And who doesn't LOVE halloumi??
For the Pickled Carrots (this needs to be prepared the night before);
- 20g caster sugar
- 60g white wine vinegar
- 1 large carrot, peeled & grated
- Combine sugar and vinegar and warm through to dissolve the sugar, once dissolved take off the heat and allow to cool
- Once cold add the carrots and cover
- Leave for at least 1 hour or overnight, then drain well.
For the Courgette Burger;
- 60g Courgette cut into thin strips with a Chinese mandolin (courgettes must be dry, if wet you will need to squeeze out the liquid carefully)
- 30g Butter, melted
- 40g Plain flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 40ml Milk
- ½ Egg
- 10g Panko breadcrumbs
- 40ml Cold water
- Touch of olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then add the milk and egg to make a thick batter.
- Stir in butter, water & breadcrumbs
- Mix the courgettes into the batter
- Put a small amount of Olive Oil into a pan and warm through, enough to sizzle the batter
- Shape the courgette mix into a burger shape and cook in the pan until golden on both sides.
- 1 x brioche bun – toasted on both sides
- 15ml Sweet chilli sauce
- 45g Halloumi – sliced and pan fried
- 20g Pickled carrots (see recipe above)
- 20g Little gem lettuce
- Place courgette burger on the base of the toasted brioche bun
- Then top with sweet chilli sauce, halloumi, pickled carrot baby gem
- Add the top of the brioche bun