Afternoon Tea Week Scones
- 345g self raising flour
- 60g butter
- 2 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- Salt to taste
- 225ml milk
- Extra flour for dusting
- Strawberry Jam (or your favourite flavour)
- Clotted Cream
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and prepare a greased baking sheet to place the scones.
- Add the flour and softened butter into a large mixing bowl and mix together using your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and salt to the mixture and then little by little add the milk in.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, flour a clean surface and knead the mixture into a dough texture - adding more flour if too wet or more milk if too dry.
- Once kneaded, roll out the dough using a rolling pin to about 2cm thick.
- Using a pastry cutter (4 or 5cm) cut as many scones as you can out of the dough and place them onto the greased baking sheet.
- Dust the scones with flour and place them in the oven for around 12-15 minutes until the scones are golden brown.
- Wait to cool slightly and then serve fresh with jam, cream, and your favourite tea!