Lemony Salmon Linguine
Fresh, fragrant and flavourful. This healthy recipe is perfect to pack in the fish oils and the all important vitamins from the fresh cherry vine tomatoes and courgettes. Paired perfectly with a glass of Meopham's Oakmead White wine or Meopham's Sparkling Brut Rosé.
- 300g linguine
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 300g Kentish cherry vine tomatoes, sliced in halve
- 1 courgette, cut into half moons
- 1 tbsp mascarpone (or a little extra for a thicker sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of basil, chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Once hot pop your salmon in on a baking tray, skin side up (it’s easier to remove the skin once cooked). Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large pan, boil some water, add in some salt and your linguine.
- In a large pan on a high heat, add in your olive oil and tomatoes. Keep stirring to avoid burning, cook for 7 minutes then add in your courgette, mascarpone and lemon juice & zest. Mix together and turn down the heat to low, continue to cook until your pasta is ready, stir occasionally.
- Remove your salmon from the oven, cut the skin off. Using a fork flake pieces off salmon off and stir into the sauce with 3/4 of the basil
- Drain the linguine, add into the sauce and combine thoroughly. Serve immediately and add on the remaining basil to garnish.