Kentish Cherry Vine Tomato Linguine
This creamy mascarpone sauce bursting with fresh tomato flavour is another of our British Tomato Fortnight favourites. The perfect addition to a warm, sunny evening!
- 500g Kentish cherry vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 400g linguine
- 250g raw prawns
- 1 lemon, you will need the zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone (extra if you want a thicker sauce)
- A handful of basil, chopped
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil ready for the linguine.
- In a large frying pan, add your olive oil and tomatoes, cook on a high heat until the tomatoes begin to wrinkle and release the juices. Stir often to prevent them from burning.
- Turn the heat down, add in your garlic and continue to cook stirring often.
- Start cooking the linguine, checking on it and draining once fully cooked.
- Add your prawns into the sauce and cook until they start to turn pink.
- Add in the lemon zest and juice, and add in the mascarpone. Stir until the sauce is completely combined.
- Stir in the linguine, ensure it is fully coated. At this point you can add in a little basil to mix in the sauce.
- Plate up, and decorate with the basil. And enjoy!