James Crank's 'Date Night Dessert' - Earl Grey & Rhubarb Creams
Lets be honest, who isn't missing those luxury desserts you get when dining out? Well, now is your chance to taste the joys of dining out from your home as Chef James has created an easy to follow recipe, amazingly tasty dessert which will impress the whole house!
The first of many recipes in James' classic 'lock down date night' ideas. Keep a look out for more to come, including some Curious Brew marinades!!
Produce Needed for Earl Grey Cream:
- 2x sheets of gelatin (soaked in cold water)
- 50g loose earl grey tea leaves or 2x earl grey bags
- 100ml whole milk
- 60g muscovado sugar
- 225g double cream
Produce needed for Rhubarb:
- Soak gelatin in cold water and set to one side
- Put the tea leaves and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stir to move the tea around.
- Once boiled pass the milk through a fine sieve to remove the leaves then pour over the muscovado sugar and mix until the muscovado sugar is dissolved.
- Now quickly squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets and add the sheets to the muscovado and milk mixture and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. If the gelatin has not dissolving just return the mixture to a low heat until it has.
- Once the gelatin has dissolved pass the mixture through a sieve once more into a jug to make sure it is smooth and then pour evenly between two small dessert bowls and set in the fridge for four hours or overnight.
- Now cut the rhubarb into thumb sized pieces and set aside.
- Next add the water and sugar to a pan then stir and bring to a rapid boil, once boiling carefully add the rhubarb to the sugar and water then remove from the heat and allow it to cool, this will be ready when the creams have set in the fridge. When the rhubarb has cooled completely and the creams are set, arrange the rhubarb on top with some blackberries and shortbread to garnish.