Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb Crumble with Oats and Pecans
How could we resist a Force Yorkshire Rhubarb crumble topped with oats and pecans? Certainly a dish served best with a warm, luxurious serving of Jude's Vanilla Custard!
For the crumble
For the filling
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2tbsp Cornflour
- 1.5kg Forced Yorkshire Rhubarb (trimmed and chopped into roughly 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 190c. and Butter a baking dish.
- Start by making the crumble by simply mixing the ingredients together until combined. Put into the freezer to firm up while making the filling
- In a new bowl rub the sugar and cornflour together in a bowl, then mix in the rhubarb and vanilla extract until evenly coated
- Pour the filling into the baking dish and evenly spread the crumble over the top
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden and filling is bubbling. Leave to call for about 15 minutes before eating.
- Serve with warm custard and thoroughly enjoy!