Dreamy, Creamy Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Creamy, velvety, seasonal Jerusalem Artichoke soup. Tasty and incredibly good for the digestive system!
- 3 tbsp Salted Butter
- 500g Jerusalem Artichoke
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1L Vegetable Stock
- 300ml Milk
- Rosemary sprigs
- Salt and lots of pepper
- Prepare the Jerusalem artichoke and slice, chop the onion, mince the garlic, and prepare the vegetable stock in preparation of making the soup
- Heat the butter in a pan and cook the onions and Jerusalem artichokes until golden and caramelised
- Add the garlic and cook until also golden, then add the vegetable stock and milk. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes, add the rosemary sprigs and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the rosemary and blend the soup using a blender or food processor.
- Serve, top with plenty of freshly ground pepper, and enjoy with some delicious crusty bread!