Doughnut French toast
We can't pretend this is the healthiest of breakfasts , but if you're looking for a tasty treat for weekend brunch, then we can highly recommend this - quick and easy to make, you can garnish with fresh fruit or to make it extra decadent, one of our award winning Burtree sauces!
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml full fat milk
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Put large eggs in a shallow bowl with 4tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste and beat together with the milk
- Soak two slices of white bread (any type will do) in the eggy mix until it’s absorbed pretty much all of it
- Melt the butter with a bit of oil in a pan until bubbling and then slide the eggy bread in to the pan.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes taking care when you turn it over
- Spread caster sugar over a plate and turn the french toast over and over in it until it’s coated like a doughnut.