Jolly Good Gingerbread Men
What's more festive than the smell of homemade gingerbread baking in the oven? Making your own gingerbread is so easy, no need to buy a ready-made packet! 🎁
- 250g Salted Butter
- 200g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 6 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 600g Plain Flour
- 2tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Melt the butter, Muscovado sugar and golden syrup in the pan until combined
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients and then slowly stir in the warm butter mixture.
- Stir until it becomes a stiff dough
- Roll out the dough to about 1 cm thick and use a cutter or freehand a gingerbread man shape in the dough
- Carefully place this on a lined tray and place this in the oven to cook for 11 minutes or until firm
- Once completely cooled, decorate to your heart's content!