Chicken Caesar salad
A classic chicken Casesar salad recipe, featuring roast chicken fat croutons, crispy bacon and creamy Pizza Express salad dressing. All ingredients for this crowd-pleasing salad are available to buy from our online shop.
- Skin-on chicken breasts
- Clarence Court eggs
- Four slices of sourdough bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 pack of grated Grana Padano cheese
- Two Little gem lettuce
- Six rashers of Streaky bacon
- Salted butter for croutons
- Line a baking tray with foil and roast the chicken breasts in a 200 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Add the streaky bacon to the tray after 15 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 6.5 minutes, 8 minutes if you want them harder
- Remove the breasts and add a knob of butter to the roasting tin with the bacon and chicken fat, add the sourdough cubes and make sure they are well coated in the butter, reduce the oven heat to 150 and put in the oven for 10 minutes - keep checking on them as they go from golden to burnt, quickly!
- Pull the larger leaves off the Little Gems and place around the edge of your serving dish then shred the heart and scatter over the middle
- Assemble the rest of the salad then scatter generously with the grated cheese and season with lots of black pepper.