Cheesy Brussels Sprout Gratin
Creamy, cheesy, Christmassy Brussels Sprout gratin!
- 500g Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- 50g Salted Butter
- 2 Banana Shallots
- 50g Flour
- 750ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 150ml Double Cream
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 200g Vintage Cheddar
- 40g Paxo Golden Breadcrumbs
- Small handful of Thyme Leaves
- Trim and prep the sprouts
- Boil the sprouts in salted water for 4 minutes, drain and set aside
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Chop the banana shallots finely and cook in the butter on a low heat in a large pan until golden
- Stir in the flour and gradually add the milk to the mixture, mixing thoroughly until fully combined
- Finally, season the mixture and add the cream, mustard and cheddar.
- Place the brussels sprouts into a tray and cover with the sauce. Top with breadcrumbs and the leaves of thyme.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling. Serve and enjoy!