Bratwurst in beer with onions and mustard
We're delighted to now be stocking Unearthed Bratwurst so to celebrate we braised some with some onions, Hofmeister beer and wholegrain mustard. A real winter warmer!
- 1 pack of Unearthed Bratwurst sausages
- 1 large white onion (or two medium)
- 1 bottle of Hofmeister beer
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a little EV olive oil in a large high sided frying pan and lightly brown the Bratwurst on all sides
- Melt the butter with a splash of EV olive in the pan you browned the bratwurst in over medium high heat.
- Add the onion with some salt and pepper then sweat until the onions begin to soften then add in two tbsp of wholegrain mustard
- Nestle the browned bratwurst in the onions, add the bottle of beer and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20
- Great in buns, with crusty bread as a 'spoon' or served with mash and wilted greens.