Quick & easy pink pickled onions
Perfect for salads, sandwiches, tacos or anything you fancy, these tangy pickled onions are the perfect accompaniment.
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 90g caster sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 large red onions or three small, thinly sliced
- Place the vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan and cook over a low heat until the sugar and salt have dissolved then bring to the boil
- Place the onions in a jar or bowl and pour over the vinegar solution
- Attach the lid tightly (or cling film if using a bowl) and leave to infuse for at least two hours at room temperature.
- These will keep well in the fridge for up to a week
- Tags: Onion