Oyster mushroom linguine with white truffle oil
Pasta is featuring a lot on our lockdown menu and this oyster mushroom linguine is simple to make but made extra luxurious from the Clarence court yolks and drizzle of truffle oil!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 4 Clarence Court egg yolks (save the whites and make a pavlova!)
- 300g linguine
- 50g salted butter
- 400g Oyster mushrooms
- White truffle oil
- 100g Ashmore cheddar cheese - finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- 50ml EV olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the pile and add a generous pinch of salt for the pasta
- In another pan melt the butter with a splash of olive oil over a med-high heat and when it is foaming add the mushrooms
- Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook as per the packet instructions
- While the mushrooms and pasta are cooking whisk the egg yolks, add the cheese (reserve a little for scattering on top at the end) and olive oil and combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a ladle of the cooking water and add back to the pan with the, then add the sauce and mushrooms and toss together, not on the heat or the eggs will scramble!
- Serve on a flat based plate so the sauce forms a satisfying puddle
- Drizzle with truffle oil, scatter with the remaining cheese and add lots of freshly cracked black pepper.