Festive Reindeer Cupcakes
For the cake:
- 1 Pack Middleton Foods Sponge & Muffin Mix
- Butter (as per the packet)
- Eggs (as per the packet)
- Milk (as per the packet)
For the icing;
- Simply mix the ingredients together as per the instructions on the muffin mix packet
- Cook and leave the cupcakes to cool completely
- For the butter icing, whisk together the salted butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl, adding a drop of water to loosen up the mixture if needed
- Coat the cupcakes in the buttercream frosting and dust with edible glitter (optional)
- Take the fondant icing and cut into blocks for however many reindeer you would like to make. Then split each reindeer block into 3 parts - two large and one smaller.
- Take one of the larger parts and roll into a ball with your hands, this will be the head of the reindeer. Then, take the smaller block and roll into a smaller ball for the snout. Press the snout onto the head and set aside while you make the antlers.
- To make the antlers take the final block and cut into two equal parts. Roll each part into a long cylinder. Then, pinch up both sides of the cylinder (unevenly) to create the tines (branches) of the antler.
- Place the head on top of the cupcake and the antlers on either side of the head. Lastly, take small offcuts of fondant icing to make into semi-circles for ears and place them on top of the antlers.
- To finish, ice the reindeer to create eyes, a red nose for Rudolf, and a mouth. Then decorate the surrounding cupcake!
- Serve and enjoy