Welsh Rarebit Muffins
The perfect easy bake recipe for using up the odds and ends of your dinner party cheeseboards, or just use your favourite hard cheese - it all works!
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ level tsp mustard powder
- 150g strong cheese , half grated, half cubed
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix the cheese, oil, yogurt, milk, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients and divide between the muffin cases in a muffin tin then top with another splash of Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheese
Place in a 180 degree oven for 20-25 mins until golden and the cheese on top is bubbling.